Friday, May 20, 2011

Life these days...



Life in King Cove is unlike any place I have ever lived, being all settled in now leaves extra time on my hands to get out and explore this gorgeous place. I hopped into a rig and began to drive, many of the roads outside the town are dirt with hardly any other drivers. So I kick Tucker out of the truck in hopes of eliminating his restlessness by running alongside the truck. 
He loves venturing at full speed in open wilderness! I’ve never seen a pup so eager to be tuckered out, he is just the cutest thing. I’m so glad he has been able to join in the great Alaska adventure, I feel truly blessed the landlord approved him to stay. The thought of ever giving Tucker up is an awful thought! Nevertheless it’s wonderful to come home to a happy loving pup who always puts a smile on my face :] I should also mention I am amazed at what an athlete he is! Running continuously at 25 miles an hour is stunning, and believe me it’s not just for a couple miles.
I love my nuggy's smiles! :]

Well on another note I received a surprise gift...........Check out my new shotty!!!

What a wonderful surprise!

This baby is a 12 Gauge Remington 870 Super Mag, embellished with a camo pump & stock, it’s a ‘to die for’ beauty! What's more is she shoots beautifully, the kick back is more than bearable my jaw dropped after I shot it and I'm excited not to have a sore spot on my shoulder. 
I shot at plastic bottles filled with rocks allowing Tucker to retrieve them, gearing him up for duck hunting. It’s impressive to see how much he loves retrieving, living up to his breed makes me one proud mama!

I am a lucky woman to have such an opportunity to live in such a gorgeous part of the world! Life is beautiful....

3 comments:

Cherisse said...

Wow! Nice gun! Glad Tuck is having fun. It is really pretty. Thanks for taking care of my sister Dave :).

Dave said...

You got it Cherisse! But now with her sweet new gun she can take care of herself! (She is actually a really great shot too!) Hope all is well with you, Ryan, and the 3 boys...i miss those little guys and can't wait to see the newest addition!

Cherisse said...

Ha! I'd watch out! But, yes if you live in bear country she'd better have a gun! Can't wait to see you guys this summer!